When asked about their hiring plans:
- 45% said they expect to be hiring between now and year end.
- Less than 5% expected to reduce force via layoff or attrition by 12/31.
- 44% stated that the lack of talent specific to their needs is affecting their ability to hire.
- Just shy of 50% stated that “Uncertainty about the future” has a direct impact on their hiring plans.
When asked about compensation and increases:
- 53% said they expected to give increases at year end, with 22% stating they would be giving no increases, 24% unsure at this time.
- 38% of firms surveyed expect to give increases between 3 and 4%, with 27% between 2 and 3%.
- This compares with last year when almost 40% of firms surveyed gave increases between 3 and 4%, with 22% between 2 and 3%.
“Since June we’ve seen an increase in the number of jobs posted on FairfieldCountyJobs.com, suggesting a heating up of the job market,” said David Lewis, CEO of OperationsInc and AllCountyJobs.com.”When you couple those stats with the results of this survey you start to see a picture of modest recovery and even reasons to be optimistic about the area economy. While hearing of planned increases to salaries is a positive sign, the relatively modest amounts reflected in the survey still indicate conservative and cautious behavior on the part of employers.”
Founded by David Lewis in 2001, OperationsInc specializes in HR solutions for small businesses and HR professionals. OperationsInc's portfolio of offerings includes such services as: Human Resources Outsourcing, Recruitment, Payroll Coordination and Administration and Management and Staff Training.
Founded in 1999, AllCountyJobs.com is a network of local & industry-specific online job boards covering the Northeast US Corridor.
OperationsInc and AllCountyJobs.com are located at 535 Connecticut Avenue, Second Floor, Norwalk, CT 06854 and David can be reached at (203) 322-0538 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jennifer R. Gerwien
Senior Vice President of Marketing and Business Development
OperationsInc - Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting
Posted inSubmitted by WEDDLE on August 31, 2012 - 12:35.